Thursday, September 18, 2008

More Google!

How many more Google products can there be? Heaps is the answer and here I will tell you my thoughts on Google Book Search and iGoogle! I quite like the concept of iGoogle but to be honest, my Facebook page acts as my homepage outside of work. I guess it's like all of the vast array of Web 2.0 products - it's all a matter of changing our past habits with regards to the way we interact with the Internet and PCs. I also feel it's very important not to use Web 2.0 products just for the sake of it.

What can I say about Google Book Search... Again it's all about changing one's habits. Think I'll need to investigate this product a little further before I can really comment. I think it could come in handy when trying to determine whether or not to purchase a title for our collections. I'm so used to checking items on JBO and BookFind and have become quite familiar with their search interfaces. They also provide me with an $AU and let's face it in the end it's all about the $$$$!

No comments: