Thursday, September 18, 2008

Library 2.0 and reflections

Since I attended a presentation from Stephen Abram back in October 2006, the concept of Library 2.0 has been at the forefront of my mind. Utilising Google during a reference inquiry is certainly one important element of Library 2.0 but encouraging people to share and interact is a more overriding theme. I've created a Delicious account for everyone to use as a point of reference on the Information Desk. This allows everyone to share the webpages to which they commonly refer to during an inquiry. In my view, it is very important that as librarians we are aware of advances in technology and embrace change. However that said, it's extremely important not to adopt change for change's sake.

I've really enjoyed working through the 23 Things program and would like to thank Jason for all his work. I will continue to use many of the things in the course of my day-to-day work as a TAFE librarian. Stay tuned as this is by no means the last of my posts...

No comments: