Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Facebook: the ultimate procrastination tool

Ah Facebook! Since signing up in May, Facebook has become my friend (and enemy!) I initially signed up after our VATL LIT group decided to set up a page. At first I was very skeptical however it didn't take long for me to become a total addict! It's been great for networking, tracking down old friends and for getting to know colleagues a little better. Sadly, I often find myself at night curled up on the couch in front of the teev, laptop in hand playing 'Bowling Buddies', chatting to a friend (even if I hadn't caught up with them since primary school) or exploring another of Facebook's numerous time-wasting applications. I'm just thankful Facebook wasn't around when I was at school or uni - don't know how I ever would have passed given I am already, at times, the ultimate procrastinator!

No comments: