Thursday, June 5, 2008

Wikis

I think wikis definitely have a place in libraries. I like the idea of collaborative subject guides and useful links. I also think we could utilise a wiki to keep campuses up-to-date with staff movements. Perhaps a wiki could replace the Campus Diary...?? I'm looking forward to having greater access to a web page via Sirsi Rooms - hopefully we can then incorporate some of these Web 2.0 technologies we're learning about. One query I do have - how can you tell who last edited a Wiki? Perhaps someone could comment...?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

To answer your question about telling who last edited a wiki, it depends on the wiki software and how it's set up.

With our chislib23t wiki, when you're logged in with edit rights each page's history (in the page information section) will show you a list of past edits and who made them. If a wiki has user accounts enabled each edit will be traceable to the account that made it.

Bye.